If you are a Pottawatomie County homeowner, renter, or business owner who received damage or losses from the severe storms, straight-line winds, tornadoes or flooding between May 7th-June 9th, 2019 then you have the opportunity to seek help. A joint state and federal Mobile Disaster Recovery Center (MDRC) will be in Shawnee through Monday, July 1st. The center's hours will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday and Monday.
The three day event held at the Gordon Cooper Technology Center on John C. Bruton Blvd. will have recovery specialist from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM). Individual assistance for homeowners and renters can include grants to help pay for temporary housing, home repairs and other serious disaster-related expenses not met by insurance or other assistance programs. If you need to fill out an application or just ask questions, these agencies will be at the recovery center available for one-on-one assistance.
If you are eligible, make sure you contact your insurance company and register online with FEMA before visiting the center. These items are also helpful when registering or visiting the recovery center:
- Address of the location where the damage occurred (pre-disaster address).
- Current mailing address.
- Current telephone number.
- Insurance information.
- Total household annual income.
- Routing and account number for checking or savings account (this allows fema to directly transfer disaster assistance funds into a bank account).
- Description of disaster-caused damage and losses.
For more information:
- Disaster Recovery Center and registering that is available for three days only go to: DisasterAssistance.gov Phone 800-621-3362. Multilingual operators are available (press 2 for Spanish).
- Via the FEMA app, available for Apple and Android mobile devices. To download visit: fema.gov/mobile-app.
- For more information on the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA): https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955
- For more information on Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): https://www.fema.gov/okmit